Only One Name

Hi guys! I haven't posted in a while (nor have I been on the site😁). But as I was reading through all of my previous posts, I found that I have a recurring theme that I like to point out. Along with other points, I think my past posts have been mainly stressing the fact that the Lord of Lords and the Kings of Kings is with us. No. Matter. What.

And I don't think it was until recently that I truly understood what that meant. And not only what it meant for me, but also what it meant for the world around me. One of my previous posts referenced the 1,000 year flood that hit the Southeast; a flood that encompassed an amazing amount of water! That week wasn't exactly the best, but I think my family and I, and many of the people living around us, were very fortunate in the face of the amount of water.

Now, in the time of a global virus, there's almost no one who hasn't been affected (that is unless you live on your own private island lol!) Everything we had on our spring calendars just a few weeks ago has now been crossed out or cancelled. And as I have told multiple friends, I'm to the point of trying to find new things to do just to keep busy!

I think when this all started, I still had the positive mindset that everything would be fine- and that it might actually be cool to be at home for so long. But as the first week of being completely at home came to a close, I started to lose sight of the light at the end of the tunnel.

What if the whole rest of the soccer season is cancelled?
How will we watch the Olympics?
What if we don't have a prom this year?
What will happen to the rest of the school work for this year? (although I wasn't quite as disappointed about the loss of that once)
What about all the plans we had?

If you re-read all those questions I had, you might find that each one of them had to do with something here on earth; things that could be considered 'material.'

But, all of those things that were 'letting me down' were temporary anyhow; things that I had been given or blessed with- that could just as easily be taken away. And it wasn't until I figured out that there is only One Name that will never let me down, that I let these questions keep affecting me and my view of the problem facing the world.

Once I truly understood that the Lord God is the only One who can satisfy my need and 'cure' me of all the restlessness, I was able to begin to find ways in which my situation wasn't so bad. And if I'm honest, it's not bad at all! I heard a song on the radio earlier that sang, "If you're still alive and breathing, Praise the Lord!" You may have heard this song by Matt Maher, and his words are so true! I'm still alive and breathing, so why am I not praising? And actually, I'm doing more than just breathing- I'm walking, talking, and doing all kinds of things to keep busy! I should be praising Jesus for all these things- even if they weren't what I had originally planned.
Whether in the valley or on the mountain top, I should praise the Name above all other names. After all, what else can I do? The Bible says that the Lord gives us a peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7)- and all we have to do is ask for it. The Lord is with us no matter what comes our way and until we understand that He is the only cornerstone that will not crack or shatter, we are truly lost. Once we find our dwelling place in his everlasting peace, we'll start to see that he is truly the only thing that matters in this world. And if everything else gets cancelled.... well I don't even have to worry because I've got all I need- Jesus!

I hope you're able to find the Lord's peace in this time of trial. And remember, whether we're in the bottom of the valley or on top of the highest mountain, we should lift our praises to the Lord! And when we do, His peace will wash over us like a rushing wave!

Awesome Reference Verses and Songs:

Jeremiah 29:11
Philippians 4:6-7
2 Chronicles 7:14
Proverbs 3:6
Psalm 37:5-7
John 16:33
2 Thessalonians 3:16
Colossians 3:2
Galatians 5:22-23

Alive and Breathing by: Matt Maher
Hills and Valleys by: Tauren Wells
Where I belong by: Building 429
Trust in Jesus by: Third Day
You Raise Me Up: Josh Groban
Hold Me Together by: Royal Tailor
Strong Enough to Save by: Tenth Avenue North
Overcome by: Jeremy Camp
There Will Be a Day by: Jeremy Camp

Comments